We can’t go out on this upcoming Valentine’s Day… and I expect a downward cast to all of your collective chins as you read this. My husband Eddie, not me thank God, can’t even have a nice wine that evening. He just re-entered “platoon” duty at a fire station in a town near you…I’ll reveal it if anyone comments/he lets me…and he has to work a 24-hour shift that day.
I’ll bring our daughter Samantha down to the station that day, visit my mom on the way, and come home and feel sorry for myself over a glass, not a bottle oh-dear-me, of wine. But he’s not working the next day, which is a Sunday but still technically part of the weekend, so this is what we will be having while the rest of you spoilsports will be doing absolutely nothing:
1. Enjoying a bottle of the aptly named Phifer Pavitt “DATE NIGHT” Cabernet Sauvignon.
2. maybe some food.
3. Talking about the organically grown grapes in our “DATE NIGHT”.
4. maybe some fruit.
5. Ordering from the small supply of 2005 “DATE NIGHT” that Suzanne Pavitt has left (photo at the top right).
6. maybe taking a peak at MY SCV Wine Calendar to see where we could go.
7. Bragging more about our top rated, one of the few 100 wines of the year, 90 point Wine Spectator choice in this blog.
8. Do I have to go to ten? It’s not like I’m going to open a second bottle…click on the icon a little further down this page on the right that has the same black and white photo as above…and have your own DATE NIGHT.