Of course I started out by searching wine + chicken to get a recipe to fit the bill. I had defrosted a chicken. I had accurately figured that if I used some wine to cook with I wouldn’t have enough left for dinner and would get to open a second bottle. Sometimes it is about gluttony. Pure and simple. Which, this recipe, proved not to be.
I should have known from reading some of the comments, not reprinted here with the recipe, that changes should have been made to the original recipe. But in my laziness/haste I chose to ignore them. Please, I’d be curious to know, which items you would have changed when you read below.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (Oops, only 1lb.)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (Too much!)
- 1 cup brown sugar (Are you kidding?!?!?!!)
- 1 cup red wine (That’s a lot for 1lb…)
- salt and pepper to taste
|After the frying, before the simmering, looking simply dis-gus-ting!|
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook garlic in oiluntil tender. Place chicken in the skillet, and cook about 10 minuteson each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear. (Until it looks incredibly dry!)
- Drain oil from skillet. (Without dropping chicken into the sink!) Sprinkle chicken with paprika and 1 cup brownsugar. Pour red wine around chicken. Cover, and simmer about 15 to 20minutes; lightly baste chicken with wine sauce while cooking. Season totaste with salt and pepper.
- Yep, I ate it, but no one else did and I’ll never make this again.