24 peeled jumbo shrimp
bamboo skewers for shrimp (soaked in water for 10 – 15 minutes)
two-prong metal skewer for scallops
24 bacon strips
salt and pepper
peach bourbon barbecue sauce (see recipe below)
2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
1/4 cup ripe fresh peaches or 1/4 cup peach preserves
2 1/2 tablespoons bourbon
1.Place shrimp next to each other on a bamboo skewer, leaving room oneither end. Make sure to cover the end of the skewer with foil so itdoesn’t burn.
2. Wrap one piece of bacon around each scallop and place scallops on a two-pronged skewer so they don’t turn.
3. Brush both sides of the shrimp and scallops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4.Place the shrimp and scallops on a medium hot grill. Keep an eye onthem because they will cook quickly and you don’t want to burn them.
5.Grill shrimp and scallops for approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Takethem off the grill when they are about 80 percent done.
6. Add the Peach Bourbon BBQ sauce during the last moments of cooking or when the cooking is complete for added flavor.
7. Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce Instructions.
8. Bring to a simmer while stirring for 8-10 minutes, allowing the alcohol to cook down.
9. Bourbon BBQ Sauce:
1 cup Ketchup
1/3 cup bourbon
1/4 cup vinegar
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
Combineall of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process untilsmooth, about 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with arubber spatula. Pulse 2 or 3 times. Store in a sterilized containeruntil ready to use.
Yield: about 1 quart.