8 -large turkey wings
2 tbsp Flour
2 tbsp Cooking oil
8 small Pearl onions, peeled
1 small celery branch
2 each Bay leaf
1 each small clove
2 teasp Tomato paste
1 cup Water
4 tbsp white wine
2 teasp Chopped Parsley
each salt and pepper (for seasoning)
8 tbsp Button mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp butter
1. Coat the turkey wings with flour. 2. In a pressure cooker, saute turkey wings in cooking oil.
Cook for about 2 – 3 minutes, until browned on both sides, then add the pearl onions. Saute for about 2 minutes more.
3. Add wine and let it cook for about 1 minute.
4. Add water, mix and bring to a boil.
5. Add the tomato paste, celery branch, bay leaf, clove, and chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Cover, then let it cook under pressure for about 20 minutes.
7. Saute the sliced mushrooms with butter in a small sauce pan.
8. Add the mushrooms to the stew, then let it cook uncovered for 3 minutes more.
9. Transfer to a large serving dish. Serve with steamed potatoes and vegetables.
Homemade Cornbread Dressing
4 -5 cups crumbled cornbread
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
3 tablespoons chopped basil
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 cup chopped green onion
3 tablespoons dried parsley
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup butter
4 -5 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Finely crumble cornbread into a large bowl.
3. Combine salt, peppers, onion powder, oregano, thyme,
basil, bay leaves in a small bowl.
4 . Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions, bell pepper,
jalepeno pepper, and garlic. Saute until soft. Do not brown.
5. Add parsley and spices to skillet for a minute.
6. Add vegetables and spices to the bowl with cornbread.
7. Put broth in a large pot & bring to a boil.
8. Add hot broth, one cup at time, to cornbread mixture in bowl. Mixture should be somewhat soupy.
9. Mix egg & evaporate milk together. Add to cornbread mixture.
10. Grease a 9 x 13 pan. Pour dressing into pan. Cook at 375
degrees for 35 – 45 minutes until bubbly all through.