Part 2 (Part 1 was posted on this site on 11/24/11)
Postscript from Barbara:
Mike provided Wailer Wine Tasting – Review Sheets and these are some Wailer responses:
· Wine rated most 5’s = “take a case” – 04 Domaine St. Michelle Luxe Washington State Sparkling Wine
· White wine rated highest – a tie between 09 Hogue Cellars Columbia Valley Washington State Riesling and 08 Columbia Crest Grand Estate Washington State Riesling
· Red wine rated highest – a tie between 09 Chateau St. Michelle Indian Wells Washington Cabernet and 09 Owen Roe Ex Umbris Syrah Columbia Valley, Washington
· Wine rated most exclamation marks – 09 Hedges CMS Red Blend
· Wine rated most 0’s = “swill” – 08 Kings Ridge Oregon State Pinot Noir
· “Surprise, what is this, a teenage girl’s hamper”; “maybe if open a few days…”; “lizard…it’s been too long on the vine”.
· Many more along the lines of “yummers”; “delightful”; “Okay, I’m lovin Washington” ; “a home run”, “super good, excellent, wow”
· Who will “take home a case” of more wines rated 5? – Maria Martell
· Don Keir says much better re North Valley Pinot Noir
· Who “will buy this whenever (she) can afford it”? Helen Adams will buy the 09 Chateau St. Michelle Indian Wells Cabernet
· Ed Wulfe’s favorite variety is Syrah, the 09 Owen Roe Ex Umbris included.
· Russo and Karen Anastasio assigned faces to several of the wines – Elephant Man to the 08 Columbia Crest Riesling, Adrian Brodie to the 08 Kings Ridge Pinot Noir, W.C. Fields to the 09 Owen Roe Ex Umbris Syrah, Amy Winehouse to the 09 Owen Roe Abbots Table Red Blend…
This was a great event! Many thanks to Mike who did so much preparation and so much work with such great skill and finesse. I found your 13 pages of Introduction to Wines of the Pacific Northwest to be an encyclopedia of wines, grapes, and, of course, descriptive of those bottles we tasted. Thanks for all the info; I’m keeping this as a reference. Phenomenal, Mike, you chose so many superb wines. And the food, it was terrific! Are you sharing recipes for the Salmon & Mushroom Bisque or perhaps the Mussel Stew?
Thanks also to Lisa Camillieri for registering our attendees, to Joe Valenti for all the trips up the steps, to Erik Siering for donating a bottle of Quady Deviation – a dessert wine, to Pete Smith for being Pete, and to Kevin Muldoon for cleaning up big time.
Lee and I are so happy so many of our Wailer buddies and new folks came to the garden for the Tasting. We hope to see more of all of you!
ANY INTEREST IN PURCHASING THESE WINES AT THE ABSOLUTE BEST PRICE PLEASE EMAIL CHEF MIKE AT – firstname.lastname@example.org.