The members of the Paso Robles Chapter of the Rhone Rangers invite you to the 2012 Paso Robles Rhone Rangers Experience
Sunday, February 19th, 2012
Seminar and Luncheon 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Grand Tasting and Silent Auction 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Join the 45+ members of the Paso Robles Chapter of the Rhone Rangers for a day in Paso Robles Wine Country with some of America’s leading producers of Rhone varietals as we explore what makes Paso Robles so ideal for these great grapes and wines. This fun-filled and information-rich day will include:
- “Rhone Essentials” Seminar – Taste a top example of each of the principal categories of Rhone wines, including Viognier, Roussanne, white Rhone blends, dry Rose, Syrah, Grenache, Mourvedre, Petite Sirah and red Rhone blends. At each stage hear from winemakers and principals who have chosen the Rhone Ranger route in Paso Robles, and who are forging the area’s reputation as California’s “Rhone Zone”.
- Vintners’ Lunch – Seminar participants will be joined by Rhone Rangers principals and winemakers for a gourmet banquet lunch, with members’ Rhone wines passing freely around the tables and extended opportunity for interaction with the producers.
- Grand Tasting – Taste nearly 150 wines from the complete membership of the Paso Robles Rhone Rangers, including top single Rhone varietals and the best in Rhone blends.
- Silent Auction – During the Grand Tasting, bid on lots donated by Rhone Rangers member wineries and help support the Rhone Rangers scholarship fund!
The day’s events will take place at Windfall Farms, a beautiful equestrian ranch just off Creston Road about 10 miles east of Paso Robles. Participation in the seminar and lunch will be limited to the first 120 RSVPs, and the grand tasting to 250 attendees. Both events sold out well in advance of the event last year and we encourage anyone interested in attending to reserve space early this year.
Tickets for the seminar and lunch are just $75, and seminar/lunch attendees will receive free entry into the Grand Tasting. Tickets for the Grand Tasting are just $25. The Grand Tasting is free to qualified trade and media (advance registration is required).
- To purchase tickets, click here.
- Qualified trade and media interested in registering for the Grand Tasting should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To receive notice of this and other upcoming events, please join the Paso Robles Rhone Rangers email list.
- For a full list of Paso Robles Rhone Rangers member wineries, click here.
2012 Hotel Information
We have room blocks reserved at an exclusive rate ($179 Saturday, $114 Sunday) at the Courtyard by Marriott Paso Robles. Call 805.239.9700 and mention “Rhone Rangers” to receive the rate.