1st Annual Sierra Pelona Valley Wine Festival Promises the Perfect Combination of Wine, Food, Music, Art & Philanthropy
JANUARY 17, 2013 (Los Angeles, CA) – Sierra Pelona Valley Vintners Association will hold its 1st Annual Sierra Pelona Valley Wine Festival on Saturday, January 26, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Reyes Winery in Agua Dulce. Proceeds from the festival will benefit the Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital*. Guests will receive a complimentary commemorative tasting glass and plate, a specialty gift bag, and free parking. They will also enjoy a “ticketless” wine tasting and gourmet fancy food samplings — all paired perfectly with a day full of live entertainment, art, and activities including:
• Wine, Beer and Spirits Tastings from, among others: Agua Dulce Winery, Alonso Family Vineyards, Antelope Valley Winery, Bacelar Wines, Coruce Vineyards, Chavez Vineyards, Diosa Tequila, Donna Harris Wine Biz, High Desert Cellars, Mike Rinn Wines, Mascari Vineyard in Bouquet Canyon, Montalvo Tequila, Naked Rebel Winery, Oreana Winery, Pulchella Winery, Reyes Winery, Steve Hemmert Vineyards, Two Hearts Vineyards, Vampire Winery, Winehouse Vineyards, 88 Tequila Co.
• Gourmet Bites from: California Bakery, Cheers At All Corked Up, Gourmet Blends, Dove Chocolate Discoveries, Gourmet Tamale Factory, Le Chene French Cuisine, Naked Juice, Natcheryl Organic Café, Pinch Me Seasonings, PK’s Chocolates, Roman Holiday Wine Lounge, Salt Creek Grille Catering, Truffles n Toffee, The Whole Wheatery.
• An Early Morning Vineyard Hike, an optional activity with the purchase of the Hike & Wine Festival Pass. The hike will begin at Reyes Winery, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Winemaker Robert Reyes will lead the ascent into the Sierra Pelona Foothills to nearly 4,000 feet and across the scenic ridge overlooking the valley and vineyards. Hikers will learn about the vineyards and terroir on the 2-hour advanced level trail or they can take the 1.5-hour intermediate level route and afterwards enjoy breakfast at the Sweetwater Café. (Cost of breakfast not included in pass).
• VIP Treatment, an exclusive opportunity with purchase of a VIP Pass, for a private Winemaker’s tour and barrel tasting including early entrance at 11 a.m.; V.I.P. lounge reserve wine tasting paired with gourmet lunch; plus all general admission ticket benefits. (Only a limited amount of VIP passes are available).
• Art Exhibit featuring Lalo Garcia, Rosa Alvarez, Luis Villanueva, and Ricardo Ortega. Guests will experience a new expression for sacred spaces representing ethnic, cultural, and religious diversity as expressed by some of LA’s most esteemed Latin American artists.
Also, a classical art exhibit will feature the paintings of Virginia Miranda and her art students, and the paintings of Winemaker Robert Reyes.
• Live Music from the bands: R-Buckle-Road , Sierra Highway Music Band, and Still Moving Project.
• Silent Auction and Raffle items will include Wine & Dine gift certificates; a variety of other wines, gift packages, artwork, certificates; and many more exciting items from the event’s sponsors*.
*Sponsors for the event include: Galpin Motors, Union Bank of California, Southern California Edison, Golf Cars LA, All American Container, Power Media Group, Adam and Al Gottfried of Tee It Up Radio Network INC, Santa Clarita Valley TV, The Whole Wheatery, Country Journal, Mail America, Steve’s Valencia Florist, Robinson Ranch Golf Club, Newhall Ice Co., Antelope Valley Winery, and Reyes Winery.
To purchase tickets for the First Annual Sierra Pelona Valley Wine Festival, please visit reyeswinery.com/spv-winefestival. Prepaid general admission tickets are $65.00 and $75.00 at the door. Exclusive V.I.P. Access Event Passes will be available online at $90.00 until January 20. After January 20, V.I.P. passes will return to their original price of $100.00. Combination Vineyard Hike & Event Pass is an all-day pass offered at $100/person and spaces are limited.
Reyes Winery is located at 10262 Sierra Highway in Agua Dulce, CA 91390. For directions, visit http://goo.gl/maps/nZG97
About the Sierra Pelona Valley Viticultural Area of California
In the Sierra Pelona Mountains of the Southern California just 30 miles north of downtown Los Angeles lies California’s most recently established American Viticultural Area, the Sierra Pelona Valley AVA. The untouched natural beauty provides the perfect environment for burgeoning vineyards, boutique wineries and outdoor enthusiasts. Visitors can enjoy a day of discovery and relaxation exploring the area’s fine wineries and tasting rooms. For information on how to make the most of your time in Sierra Pelona Valley Wine Country, join the Sierra Pelona Valley Vintner’s on Facebook. And follow on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ReyesWinery