Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 15 min/ Cooking time 35 min
*Ingredients in bold italics are available for purchase at Vina Robles or at humblebumble.com & cahootscatering.com
2 racks Pork ribs, St. Louis style cut
2 tbsp Olive oil
3 tbsp “Cahoots house rub” BBQ seasoning
1 tsp each dried oregano & dried basil
1⁄2 tsp Cracked, black pepper
1 oz Vina Robles 2008 Petite Sirah Jardine
2 – 3 tbsp “Humble Bumble” honey
2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1⁄2 – 1 tsp Instant coffee
1. Open a bottle of Vina Robles 2008 Petite Sirah Jardine, and pour yourself a glass!
2. Brush both sides of the ribs with olive oil. Combine house rub, dried herbs and cracked pepper, and
season ribs on both sides; “rub it in!” Cover with plastic wrap and let marinade for approx. 2 hours.
3. BBQ ribs on medium heat for approx. 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. Mix all the ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl, and start glazing the ribs with it while still grilling the ribs on low heat for approx. 15 minutes.
5. Let ribs rest for approx. 5 minutes, cut in pieces and serve while still warm, and enjoy with the rest of the Vina Robles 2008 Petite Sirah Jardine.
– Serve with rice, mashed potatoes, baked potato and / or grilled veggies.
Nick de Luca’s “Winemaker’s Choice of the Month” for October 2011: Vina Robles 2008 Petite Sirah Jardine
Inspired recipe creation by our Swiss Chef, Martin Columberg; a perfect end of summer BBQ treat. Delicious!