As expected, my changes are in italics below…
Chef Lance Cowart’s Garlic Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 450°F Line a baking dish or cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray or lightly brush with oil.
2. In small sauté pan, sauté garlic with the oil until tender.
3. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar.
Add additional herbs and spices as desired. (We added one tablespoon of Herbs de Provence, a little water and a little more oil.)
4. Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish and cover with the garlic and brown sugar mixture.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of your chicken. (We went 30 and they were thin breasts)
Serves 4-6 (Or 3 Bushmans)
I served this with a Chinese salad and pretzel bread. I had one leftover breast which I cut into pieces and put in with leftover salad for a Chinese chicken salad tomorrow. Had a Gruner Veltliner from Sominer (which I love) but I think I would have preferred a Rose as my tongue, even while writing this an hour later, is still feeling the tang.