Teen practically out every night now that she has MY car, a job, a boyfriend and a life of her own…and it took me about three months to get tired of being taken out to dinner and search “Dinner Recipes for Two” on the Internet. This is my first. Of course I loved the simplicity of the recipe, having ham instead of beef for a friggin change and using some leftovers as side dishes. Not much went wrong in making:
Marinated Ham Steak for 2 by TasteofHome.com
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice (the juice came in a pack of six so it was nice to have some pineapple juice in the house for a change.)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (I splurged and bought a new jar as I couldn’t even read the date on the old one. #ToxicGarlic)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham steak (3/4 pound) (Ham came in 7oz cut so I bought two, doubled the marinade, and had leftovers for omelets or sandwiches.)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients.
- Add ham; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and reserve marinade.
- Grill ham, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- Cut in half to serve. Yield: 2 servings.