CARMEL, CA – Vendange Carmel Inn and Suites has partnered with 14 local Monterey County wineries to create a unique guest experience celebrating the bounty of Monterey County’s vineyards. Each winery sponsors one room or suite, providing its own creative touches. From the McIntyre Vineyards room with its impressive 100-year-old section of grapevine to J. Lohr’s plush bathrobes, every winery’s room offers a signature luxury experience. For 2014, Vendange has announced the release of its first new wine themed for 2014 with Blair Estate Winery.
“Blair Estate winery is proud to partner with Vendange,” said Winemaker Jeffrey Blair “Both Carmel establishments are independent, artisan, and family run with an emphasis on the guest experience. Blair added that “we’ve tried to bring a bit of our family history and love of the land to the décor and furnishings of the “Blair Estate Room” at the hotel. We worked with Grant Peterson Design and noted local artist and decorator Bella Lofaso to create an elegant, interesting space that is both welcoming and comfortable. We wanted to extend the feel and hospitality of our tasting room into this fun, new space.”
“I was inspired by Jeffery’s proud reflection of his family heritage and the influence it has on his devotion to his grandparents’ legacy through Blair Estate Winery,” said local artist and decorator Bella Lofaso. “The beautiful Blair Estate Winery label, with the warm reddish browns and gold B established the color palette for the bedding textiles. The room is simple and understated, yet evokes a sense of warmth and comfort by incorporating family photos, Blair Winery photos, custom crafted re-purposed wine furniture and whimsical signs.
This Summer Vendange will be unveiling a room by Holman Ranch Wines. Details available soon.
Vendange Rooms Overview:
- · The cozy rooms have sleek, modern bathrooms finished with imported Spanish marble.
- · Views of both the Inn’s beautiful gardens and the Carmel skyline are plentiful.
- · Sleeping areas are appointed with memory foam-top beds, deluxe linens, and high-definition flat screen televisions – not that you’ll want to stay indoors.
- · The separate Cottage Suite offers a generous 650 square feet of living space. With a California King bed, 50” high definition flat screen television, gas fireplace and kitchenette, it’s the perfect place for a honeymoon or romantic weekend getaway.
Wine Themed Rooms:
- · Newest Room: Blaire Estate Room
- · Coming Summer 2014 Holman Ranch Winery Room
- · Dawn’s Dream
- · Galante
- · J. Lohr
- · Joullian
- · Manzoni
- · McIntyre
- · Otter Cove
- · Pierce Winery
- · Tudor
- · Twisted Roots
- · Ventana
- · Cima Collina
Wine Room Highlights:
Twisted Roots King Suite
Twisted Roots believes in letting the grapes speak for themselves. They feel that the work in the vineyard is where the wines get their flavor and overall complexity. As “Green Growers” they follow sustainable farming practices throughout the entire wine making process. In creating the Twisted Roots room, winemaker Josh Ruiz took the same philosophy to design as he does to making wines. Canvas pictures from the Twisted Roots vineyard adorn the walls, custom artwork made from barrels, rod iron and wine bottles show case the bar and more!
Ventana Vineyards believes great wines are made in the vineyard, and the Ventana Vineyard has the perfect combination of water, soil, climate, art and science to create superb, world-class wines. Our success is evidenced by the number of awards that we have won over the years on wine made from this remarkable property. In fact, wines from our Ventana Vineyard have earned more medals and awards than any other single vineyard in America. When creating their Ventana Vineyards wine themed room they brought the story of the vineyard to the room.
- · Custom canvas prints grace the walls telling the story of the vineyards.
- · The winemaker’s story can be found on the room for all to enjoy.
- · A Ventana Vineyards wine barrel has been converted into a custom snack bar full of delicious Ventana Vineyard logoed snacks and wine!
- · The bed has a logoed throw and the walls have actually small vines from the vineyard affixed to them.
Flavorful wines, quite literally “wines full of flavor” are the mission at J. Lohr. J. Lohr’s unwavering focus on flavors sounds so simple, yet it’s surprisingly complex. Achieving the best flavor demands total control, every step of the way, and is the result of planting each site to its ideal grape variety and applying artisanal winemaking techniques, including extended maceration, barrel and malolactic fermentation, among others. When you stay in the J. Lohr room you soak up the flavor of the vineyard. From grapevine wreaths and a barrel on the balcony that offers the perfect table top to enjoy some wine and cheese to art from the vineyard and a custom J. Lohr wine display, you will as if you have been transported to the vineyard.
Additional Rooms with Unique Features:
- · McIntyre Vineyards brought in a 5 foot vine from the vineyard that is the masthead for the bed as well as created custom glass lamps etched with the McIntyre wine label. Truly spectacular to view!
- · Cima Collina has their vineyard artist create custom painting for the room made from wine barrels and rod iron as well as creating their own logoed bed side stand.
- · The Inn offers breakfast daily and wine tasting on the weekends.
- · Wines that are typically available only in partner wineries’ tasting rooms are also available to guests for purchase.
- · Guests can relax with a glass of wine around the inviting fire pit in the garden and enjoy live music. (available most weekends)
Monterey County Wine Facts:
- · Did you know? Monterey County is the one of the largest wine growing and producing regions in California which is one of the reasons why it was named as one of 2013’s “Top Ten Wine Travel Destinations” in the world by Wine Enthusiast Magazine.
- · In Carmel-by-the-Sea alone, you can spend a weekend wine-tasting without ever getting in a vehicle!
- · Downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea has become a bona fide wine tasting destination, with enough tasting rooms to keep visitors busy for a weekend and even more about to open.
- · Carmel Valley’s tasting rooms (11 miles from Carmel-by-the-Sea) are not overly crowded and provide a warm, personal interaction with tasting hosts and winemakers.
Vendange is conveniently located a short drive away from the Monterey Peninsula Airport, just off of scenic Highway 1, with free parking for guests. We’re minutes away from downtown Carmel’s shopping and fine dining, scenic 17-Mile Drive, and the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium. Vendange Carmel is located at 24815 Carpenter St., Carmel, CA 93923. Telephone 831.624.6400, fax 831.624.5111. Website: www.vendangecarmel.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org.