Enjoy palette-spoiling small bites, award winning local wines exclusively presented by Scheid Vineyards and SWINGIN’ jazz!
MONTEREY, CA – “Wine, Dine and Jazz at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa” salutes the education program of the Monterey Jazz Festival – the longest continuously running jazz festival in the world! Enjoy fine wine by Scheid Vineyards, tasty bites, and swingin’ jazz as the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa showcases profession studio musicians, Monterey Jazz Festival (MJF) traveling clinicians, together with some of our “home grown” student musical protégés of all ages!
Support a great cause – music education for our youth – while enjoying tasty treats from our new TusCA Ristorante chef and wine from award winning Scheid Vineyards! Join the team at the Hyatt Regency Monterey as well as our jazz director David Morwood to celebrate one of the Monterey Peninsula’s world famous events!
- Saturday, October 25th
- 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Sip wines from Scheid Vineyards
- Savor small bites from the culinary team at TusCA Ristorante
- Listen to the sounds of the David Morwood jazz band featuring MJF clinicians, special guests, and “young phenoms” from the education program jamming and swinging’ together!
- Support Monterey Jazz Festival a 501(c)(3)non-profit arts education organization. We celebrate the legacy of jazz and expand the boundaries of and opportunities to experience jazz through the creative production of performances and educational programs. To learn more about Monterey Jazz Festival please visit montereyjazzfestival.org.
- Event to take place at TusCA Ristorante at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa at 1 Old Golf Course Road in Monterey.
- Cost is $55.00 per person inclusive
- A portion of everything raised that evening will benefit the Monterey Jazz Festival
- Tickets are available through Eventbrite http://winedinejazzathyattregencymonterey.eventbrite.com.
- ASK ABOUT OUR WINE DINE AND JAZZ ROOM PACKAGE SPECIAL FOR THE WEEKEND – STAY AND SWING A WHILE !!
Background on the weekly jazz program at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa:
Our newly designed Fireplace Lounge features live jazz every weekend, with many of the finest jazz musicians from far and wide. Bar menu, signature cocktails, drink and dinner specials, free parking, never a cover, adjacent TusCA Ristorante full menu restaurant featuring local, fresh organic produce and sustainable seafood as well as sizzling steaks; the Monterey Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa has been named the number one spot on the central coast to hear live jazz! Sit by our huge indoor fireplace, with a panoramic view of the old Del Monte golf course – said to be the oldest golf course west of the Mississippi – and enjoy jazz standards, swing, Bossa nova, samba, and BeBop – music for drinking, dining, dancing, and just plain relaxing and listening! Our jazz director and drummer-in-residence now going on 17 years is Dr. David Morwood (yes, it’s true, our house drummer is a board certified plastic surgeon!). Morwood has been honored by the world wide jazz writers association for hosting the late night Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa jazz jam sessions after the annual Jazz Festival, and for operating on children with cleft lips and palates in developing countries every year. our guests that are able to grab a seat in the Fireplace Lounge during the late night jazz jam sessions have listened up close and personal to such jazz legends as Wynton Marsalus, Percy Heath, George Benson, Branford Marsalus, Roberta Gamborini, Ray Drummond, and members of the Lincoln Center jazz orchestra. Stop by and enjoy live jazz, a glass of award winning Monterey County wine and great appetizers and wood fired pizzas. Swing, Baby Swing!! All jazz events at the Fireplace Lounge at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa at 1 Old Golf Course Road in Monterey are complimentary. Jazz times are 7:00 pm Friday and Saturday. Stop by and enjoy live jazz, a glass of award winning Monterey County wine and great appetizers and wood fired pizzas.
About Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel& Spa on Del Monte Golf Course
Nestled in 22 acres of soaring Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa on Del Monte Golf Course is a destination resort providing the discerning traveler the quintessential Monterey experience. Its location offers guests close proximity to downtown Monterey and Monterey Airport and easy access to some of the Peninsula’s most well-known attractions. With its warm, contemporary ambiance, elegant furnishings and convenient amenities, the hotel offers both leisure and business travelers a Northern California respite of unmatched serenity and comfort. Features include 550 guestrooms including 32 suites, and the President’s house, TusCA Ristorante, Knuckles Sports Bar, Fireplace Lounge, personalized concierge service at the Regency Club, a 2,000 square foot fitness facility, tennis courts, pools and whirlpools, and 12,000 square foot full service spa. The hotel is located at 1 Old Golf Course Road in Monterey, California. For information call (831) 372-1234 or visit www.hyattregencymonterey.com.