Saw this on Facebook and the teen liked the idea, my notes are in italics below.
– Frozen Ravioli – 2 large 1lb packages (I used one dozen meat – the round ones – from Maria’s Italian Deli. The other was my daughter’s choice, one of those fresh 4-cheese ravioli packages found in the market. Thinking that the Maria’s ravioli was the wrong size I liked it better.)
– Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – 1 bag
– Shredded Parmesan Cheese – 1 bag (One 8 oz of freshly shredded Parmesan was enough.)
– Marinara Sauce – 2 24oz. jars (We used a jarred Ragu with mushrooms.)
– Fresh Basil (for garnish)- 1 small package (skipped.)
Preheat the oven to 400°F / 200°C.
Coat your baking dish with a layer of marinara sauce. Place a single layer of ravioli and cover lightly with more sauce. Cover with a layer of mozzarella cheese. Lay down a second layer of ravioli, then cover it with sauce and another light layer of mozzarella cheese. (If your dish is deep enough for three layers, add another layer of ravioli, sauce, and mozzarella.) Cover your top layer with Parmesan cheese. (I added Parmesan to every layer.)