From Cooking Light
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups diced red bell pepper (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 36 mussels (about 3 pounds), scrubbed and debearded
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; keep warm.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add bell pepper, salt, and ground red pepper; sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. Add mussels, and increase heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 7 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells. Serve mussel mixture over pasta; sprinkle with parsley.