New York, NY (PRWEB) – Les Dauphins, one of the world’s fastest growing Rhône Valley wine brands, is proud to announce a recent run of awards from some of America’s top wine competitions during the first half of 2017.
For the third year in a row, Les Dauphins has been named Rhône Winery of the Year, at the 7th Annual New York International Wine Competition. Les Dauphins’ wines were among the 1,300 submitted to the competition from over 23 countries around the world.
The New York International Wine Competition is the first major international wine competition judged by members of the wine trade and includes buyers from the top retail stores, sommeliers, restaurant owners, hotel beverage directors, distributors, and importers.
In addition to winning 2017 Rhône Winery of the Year, the Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve Red 2015 was awarded a Gold Medal, with the Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve White 2015 and Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve Rosé 2015 awarded Silver medals respectively.
Les Dauphins has quickly made an impact on the Rhône category in the U.S. since its launch in 2011. Replicating the incredible success of the brand in Europe, the Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve, and newly released Côtes du Rhône Villages range of wines have helped with the recognition and quality of Rhône Valley wines in America, with a string of awards and medals elevating the most current releases.
“We are thrilled to continue our success in the U.S. market and be named 2017 Rhone Winery of the Year in addition to our individual award and medal wins,” said Aurelien Jousse, Area Export Director for Les Dauphins. “Les Dauphins is proud to represent Rhône Valley and help further enhance the recognition of the region.”
Recent accolades for the brand include:
- The Ultimate Wine Challenge recognized the Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve Red 2015 and Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve Rosé 2016 with scores of 91 Points (Excellent, Highly Recommended) and Great Value awards.
- The Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve Rosé 2016 scored highly with the judges at the TEXSOM International Wine Awards with a Gold Medal, while the Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve Red 2015, Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve White 2015 and the Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Village Puyméras 2014 were presented with Bronze Medals.
- The San Francisco International Wine Competition awarded a Gold Medal to the the Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Village Puyméras 2014, a Silver Medal to Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve Rosé 2016, and Bronze Medals to the Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve Red 2015 and Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve White 2015.
- Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve Red 2015 received a Gold Medal at Sunset Magazine’s Sunset International Wine Competition and the Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve Rosé 2016 was awarded a Silver Medal.
- Decanter awarded the Les Dauphins Côtes du Rhône Reserve White 2015 with a 91 Point score (Highly Recommended) in the recent July 2017 issue.
Les Dauphins wines come from some of the best vineyards throughout the Southern Rhône. Winemaker Guillaume Valli selects the best vineyard lots to blend together into Les Dauphins’ red, white and rosé wines.
About Les Dauphins http://www.lesdauphins-rhone.com
Les Dauphins is a wine made in France’s Rhône Valley that draws its inspiration from the joie de vivre mood of Paris in the roaring 1920s, a time when the wines of the Dauphiné region became popular. Several of the winegrower partnerships that currently make up Les Dauphins Winery were also founded in the 1920s. Today these wines are vibrant and versatile, and are created to once again inspire the joy that made 1920s Paris one of the most exciting and creative periods in history. Winemaker Guillaume Valli’s passion for Rhône varieties guides his winemaking style, where he lets the grapes and the terroir speak for themselves.
To learn more, visit http://www.lesdauphins-Rhone.us and follow Les Dauphins on Facebook (Les Dauphins US) and Twitter (@LesDauphins_US).