PEBBLE BEACH, CALIF. – The West Coast’s premier epicurean lifestyle event, Pebble Beach Food & Wine returns for a 12th year this spring with four days of culinary decadence, April 11-14. Coinciding with Pebble Beach Resorts’ year-long centennial celebration, the 2019 event is pulling out all the stops as 100 of the world’s top celebrity chefs and 250 acclaimed wineries come together on the spectacular central California coastline. Event-goers will enjoy rare access to the very pinnacle of talent in the food and wine world—from upstarts and rising stars to James Beard and Michelin-star award winners— at a series of wine tastings, cooking demos, and some of the most exclusive and original dining experiences in the world.
Among this year’s luminaries are names like l’Arpege’s Alain Passard, Misiòn 19’s Javier Plascencia, Ludo Lefebvre of Ludo Bites, Masaharu Morimoto of Morimoto restaurants from New York to Napa, internationally renowned Argentinean grill master and featured chef on the Netflix original series Chef’s Table Francis Mallmann, DAMA’s Antonia Lofaso, Richard Blais of Trail Blais, Michelle Bernstein of Café La Trova, Dean Fearing of Fearing’s Restaurant, and the chef dubbed “The Last Magnificent,” Jeremiah Tower. A prime opportunity for event-goers to rub shoulders and snap photos with a veritable “who’s who” of culinary legends will take place at the Lexus Grand Tasting Tent on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, which will feature 30 chefs and more than 300 wines from top-notch producers around the world. Other event highlights include:
- A Celebrity Chef & Winemaker Golf Tournament at Pebble Beach Golf Links. This exclusive opportunity to share a bucket-list golf experience with the top masters of food and wine is priced at $1,000 per ticket. Players compete for 18 holes of Team Scramble tournament play, fueled by food, wine and beverage stations strategically placed along the course.
- An exclusive, aptly named Decadence Dinner with Chef Alain Passard of the three-Michelin-starred L’Arpège in Paris, whose high-risk gamble to embrace an all-vegetarian menu paid off in spades and was documented in Netflix’s Chef’s Table docuseries.
- Aviary Live from Pebble Beach—a chance to meet the “den of chefs” behind what is widely considered the world’s best bar as they tell the story behind the creation of the bar and their new, groundbreaking Aviary Cocktail Book.
- Two events with culinary legend Jeremiah Tower—a Fireside Chat complete with champagne, bites, and storytelling by “The Father of California Cuisine,” and a Power Lunch at Casa Palmero with Chef Tower and his proteges Mark Gaier and Clark Frasier of Maine’s critically acclaimed MC Perkins Cove.
- Wonder Women in the Kitchen—a Power Lunch with some of the nation’s gutsiest female chefs who have survived the trenches to rise to top of their industry: Tanya Holland of Oakland’s Brown Sugar Kitchen; Top Chef Masters Alumni Elizabeth Falkner; Antonia Lofaso of L.A.’s white-hot DAMA, Scopa Italian Roots and Black Market Liquor Bar; and pastry chef Kelsey Larson from Bernardus Lodge in Carmel Valley.
- Two Gone Fishin events with Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto. In the first, the global restaurateur demonstrates the proper way to butcher a whole tuna. In the second, He joins top seafood chefs Ryan Caldwell, Ravin Patel, Michael Ginor, and Alvin Cailan to vie for bragging rights as the “best fisherman” at the four-day fest.
- Ridge Monte Bello Wine Seminar. This epic event features five decades of one of the world’s most legendary wine producers. Led by winemaker Eric Baugher, guests will have a once-in-a-lifetime chance to sample vintages dating back to 1975 as well a barrel tasting of the unreleased 2017 vintage.
- Steakhouse Feels: Big Cabs & Big Slabs. Festival-goers will live large at this strolling “beachside steak-out,” which will pair the world’s best masters of the grill and BBQ with a martini bar, whiskey on the rocks, big red wines, and a caviar station.
- Dining with The Michelin Stars. This over-the-top dinner will blend the talents of out-of-this-world chefs into one kitchen. Michelin starred culinary greats, including Peter Armellino, Rogelio Garcia, Janina O’Leary and Rupert and Carrie Blease, will serve up a memorable meal at this one-of-a-kind event.
Find a full event listing here.
Four package options let event-goers craft their ideal festival experience. The Magnum is a great value for those looking to enjoy all the daytime and afternoon events at Pebble Beach Food & Wine along with the Opening Night Reception. Package holders save more than $300 and gain VIP access, including to the Lexus Grand Tasting, and discounts on Jeroboam and Imperial level wine seminars.
The Jeroboam covers premium day and night events over the full weekend. Package holders save more than $1,000 on a $2,950 ticket and gain VIP access.
The Mastercard Exclusive includes upgraded experiences and access on select day and night events, including the fireside chat with Jeremiah Tower, the hands-on Perfect Blend wine event, Private Dining Room Dinner—a world-class wine pairing meal overlooking the famed 18th Green of Pebble Beach Golf Links, plus access to the Chef, Winemaker and VIP after-hours party Saturday night, and VIP premium gift items. The package is only available for purchase with a Mastercard.
The Imperial gives package holders carte blanche for the full weekend—the highest level of access available and exceptional perks—and is available only to a select few due to space limitations on the rare wine seminars. Package holders save as much as $2,400 and enjoy VIP access and preferred seating at all wine seminars and cooking demos, complimentary access to the Chauffeured Lexus Luxury Vehicles for travel between events, and access to the Chef, Winemaker and VIP after-hours party each night.
The 12th annual Pebble Beach Food & Wine welcomes best in class partners like Food & Wine magazine, Chase Private Client banking, Lexus, Mastercard, Barilla pasta and many more.
Ticket Information and Reservations
About Prodigal Events, LLC:
Prodigal Events, LLC (Prodigal), creates unique experiential opportunities in the hospitality, entertainment, and experiential world. Prodigal produces two of the world’s most loved and recognized culinary events, Pebble Beach Food & Wine and the Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival, both recognized for the curation of the highest caliber of culinary and wine talents to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
About Pebble Beach Company
Pebble Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble Beach, Calif., owns and operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts®, including The Lodge at Pebble Beach™, The Inn at Spanish Bay™, and Casa Palmero®. The company also operates four renowned golf courses: Pebble Beach Golf Links®, Spyglass Hill® Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay™, and Del Monte™ Golf Course. Its other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive®, The Spa at Pebble Beach™, Pebble Beach Golf Academy™, and Pebble Beach® Equestrian Center. It annually hosts premier events such as the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance®, AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational presented by Dell Technologies, Pebble Beach Food & Wine, and the PURE Insurance Championship Impacting The First Tee. Future site of the 2019 U.S. Open, 2023 U.S. Women’s Open and 2027 U.S. Open Championships, Pebble Beach Golf Links® has hosted five U.S. Opens, five U.S. Amateurs, one PGA Championship, and numerous other tournaments. For reservations or more information, please call 800-654-9300 or visit pebblebeach.com.