Of course I had seen wine purses before. There are the slim ones meant to pack a single bottle, professional-looking leather carriers to carry more, and this one, the new Porto Vino Wine Purse – the Paris bag – that could do a wee bit more.
The “vegan” leather bag I received for review is quite large, comes in cream and black (I chose black) and has a pretty pebble texture to it. The first time I “used” it I had just received it and desperately wanted to share it with a friend I was meeting that afternoon. I didn’t have time to read through all of the instructions and load a bottle of wine in it, but I figured out pretty quick that I could stow my small purse inside of it. That was a super cool discovery for me because, if you’re like me, and own a lot of purses, having to switch back and forth is a big pain. I put my purse inside, with all of the instructions, the additional cross body strap, insulated bag with spigot, and showed it off to my pal and a few other ladies in the wine bar we happened to be spending the afternoon in.
I also shared my “unboxing” video on Facebook, asking pals if anyone had one of these purses and what they thought of them. These are some of the comments:
Mine has worked great for two years.
I bought one of those a few weeks ago! Used it at a pool resort…worked like a charm for vodka and rum!
Don’t have it yet but saw it a (couple) of months ago on Instagram and looked classy and fun! Would be great for outdoor events I like attending…and the beach.
Just prop your purse on the counter and let the good times pour out!
I need one of these!
Later, yes, I finally did load up the Porto Vino with wine, and my purse, for a tasting event I was doing for the meet-up group, Winey women Unwind. I was to serve five wines but one would be served from my purse!
Actually had my husband load it up for the first time, just to make sure I didn’t mess it up. He didn’t have any trouble so next time I will do myself! I filled it before I left for the event so I could surprise the ladies by having them get up and use the spicket from my purse for their wine tasting. (I chose a wine that would benefit from decanting, and quickly learned that my purse doubled as a great decanter too!) They got a big kick out of getting in a line, going up to my purse, checking it out both inside and out, taking photos and then pouring their sample – and I’m sure they’ll all be talking about it and a few of them will be buying a purse!
- Retail price range: $84.99 (Available in cream or black)
- Available for purchase via theWEBSITE (Free shipping and Free Returns)!!
- Designed with fashion in mind, so you will look and feel great taking your purse to any social setting.
- Made of vegan leatherand lined with a soft cotton interior.
- Discreetly holds 1-2 distinct bottles of wine, removable and easy to use pouches.
- A hidden, insulated compartment keeps your easy to use party pouches chilled for hours
- Roomy enough to hold party pouches AND all your essentials in a separate compartment.
- Designer flap on the back hides the pouring spouts until you are ready to use it.
- Save hundreds of dollars by never having to pay for another drink out again while getting to drink your beverage of choice!
- Can hold your favorite beverage, from wine, beer, mixed drinks, to water or juice for the kids.
- You’re sure to get a wild, and maybe even envious, reaction from your friends!
Eve Bushman has a Level Two Intermediate Certification from the Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET), a “certification in first globally-recognized course” as an American Wine Specialist ® from the North American Sommelier Association (NASA), Level 1 Sake Award from WSET, was the subject of a 60-minute Wine Immersion video (over 16k views), authored “Wine Etiquette for Everyone” and has served as a judge for the Long Beach Grand Cru and the Global Wine Awards. You can email Eve@EveWine101.com to ask a question about wine or spirits