||About Eve: Hello Dear Wine Friends, nice to meet you over what will surely prove to be some excellent wine! You may know me, or my name, as I’ve been writing locally for just over 17 years. About 6 years ago I chose to write exclusively on wine education for beginners. My own experience is based on over 20 years of classes, commercial tastings, winery tours, reading everything I can get my hands on, and I still consider myself a wine 101er. The education never ends. I’m a voracious reader and with that, have become enamored with Internet researching to add to my studies. I’ve become personally acquainted with winemakers, wine store proprietors, wine representatives, chefs and educators. And of course I Tweet and Facebook just to keep up with the latest wine news. Sign up for my newsletter and e-mail me at Eve@EveWine101.com I look forward to having a virtual glass of wine with you! November 2010 update: I received my Level 2 Intermediate Certification from Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET)! I also continue to write a wine 101 column in print and online for http://www.ScvEliteMagazine.com/, http://westranchbeacon.com and see me translated into Spanish in http://OurValleys.com
November 2011 update: I was interviewed for The Wine Down internet show, on the subject of “Wine Immersion” by Casa Dumetz winemaker, Sonja Magdevski (Emilio Estevez’s fiancé) and her co-host Brandon Bartlett. You can view it via this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deg0V7gyRcg&list=PLC0CC3F426BBF8150&index=5&feature=plpp_video
See all of our social networks: Facebook group page https://www.facebook.com/groups/EveWine101/, YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Evewine101, Tumblr: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/evewine101, and Yelp http://www.yelp.com/biz/eves-wine-101-santa-clarita. You can also find me on LinkedIn.
Dear Wine Friend Newsletter: Every Friday I e-mail a newsletter that gives subscribers wine news, tasting notes and links to specific articles by staff writers, contributing editors, guests and myself. Also included are highlighted events from our original Santa Clarita Valley Wine Calendar, and links for more articles I write for the West Ranch Beacon and on the glossy pages of Elite Magazine and Our Valleys. Look for the words that read, “Hello and welcome to my site” and then just click on the yellow envelope above my head – on any page you are visiting – to sign up for your own copy of the weekly Dear Wine Friend newsletter.
If this is far too complicated, or that yellow envelope far too hidden, just shoot me an e-mail that says, “DON’T LEAVE ME OUT EVERY WEEK! PLEASE SEND ME MY OWN COPY OF THE DEAR WINE FRIEND NEWSLETTER” or something to that effect: Eve@EveWine101.com
(Do you have a testimonial to share about work Eve Bushman has contributed? Click Here)
- Such a funtastic group.. thank you for invite Eve. Tami Smith Austin (In regards to the Facebook group: Eve’s Wine 101)
- Hello Eve and Everyone…..thank you so much for inviting me here. I’m honored to be a part of this elite group…..CHEERS!! Laury Bakie.
- Love this Eve it is very impressive to say the least! Hugs !!!!! XXOO Uriel Chamberlain
- Your “W101″ is always my favorite way to start my day. Gary Warburton
- Best way to start a Monday is a bottle of wine and reading your updates and blogs. Courtnie Culp
- Website looks good and so does the calendar…Beverly Aslesen
- Just wanted to say I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new logo, look, site, etc. Love it! HUGS, B.
- Love the new website!!!!! Great job! Ann
- “Eve is a mega marketeer…and goes beyond marketing into solid relationship building for her amazing products and services by helping smart people and not-so-smart consumers (like me) understand her wares. In addition she is so inclusive…I have not been able to make it to the fabulous events (i will soon!) but i ALWAYS feel part of them thanks to the frequent and comprehensive (and FUN!) information that eve shares….Eve rocks!!” Sandra W.
- “ …and for what it’s worth Eve, my first memory of you reassured my faith in my mechanics at PACC Auto. I think the article was titled “A Few Good Men” and displayed your confidence in their automotive abilities. As a result, I am collaborating on a marketing campaign with my Real Estate business and Pacc Auto at this time.” Rocky C.
- “Eve we thank you for all the nice things you wrote about our Two Hearts Estate Wines.We Had so fun sharing it with you and Ed.” Susie C.
- Eve, I just * love* your emails. I ‘d also love a chance to meet up sometime (and Denise too, since my time meeting her was veryshort!) A SoCal tweet-up? - Erin M cGrath Davis
- Hello Eve, Thanks so much for the great review of Taste of the Town! It will mean SO much to the businesses you named! We appreciate your help and we’re so very glad you had a great time! All the best,
Lois Bauccio President/Executive Director
Child & Family Center Foundation
21545 Centre Pointe Parkway
Santa Clarita, CA 91350T: (661) 255-6847 ext. 3016
- You give me and so many others such a terrific gift with your website. I love reading the stories. It has made wine more fun for me. - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eve, Thank you for your promotions of the event. We raised $25,000 for the Club. That means the Arts Program at the Newhall Club is saved and we can even do more.
Thanks again. Carl Kanowsky.
- Wow Eve! You went above and beyond! You are a dream source!–Sara Wald Editorial Assistant www.faboverfifty.com office: 212.717.6380 x110cell: 203.536.8671
- “Thanks Eve for posting about our Vine 2 Wine event, you are tooooooooooo much!” Jane E. Bettencourt-Soto, founder, Betty Ferguson Foundation
- “Eve, Awesome column this week. I love it!!! Regards, Steve Lemley, Pulchella Winery.”
- “Hi Eve, Shari and I would like to congratulate you on the success of the “Pour for Haiti” campaign. I understand that it was very well attended and ACU raised a lot of money for Haiti! Kudos to you and your personal effort to promote this event. You worked really hard on it and you did a great job!” Lil Lepore, co-owner, Vino 100 Valencia.
- Very cool information! Thanks!” Beth
- “I’ve been enjoying your blog & I’m glad you send the email reminders. Keep up the good work.” Terry B.
- “I’ve read every email you send out on Friday, you’re a celebrity.” Maria F.
- “You have a very impressive site.” Peter W.
- “Eve, You’re the best! Thanks!” K
- “Holy S—! I somehow found your blog today….what a change from the last time I looked! How many people daily are looking…do you have any idea?” Lauren L.
- “I enjoyed reading your wine blog. Can you tell me how I can subscribe or have it sent to me when updated? Thank you. And keep up the good work with the Blog!” Mary B.
- “Hi Eve — I’m a student of DiMaggio’s at COC … Could you please add me to the ‘evewine101.com’??? Many thanks,” Terry T.
- “Eve!!!!! I just got my first call from someone that read your blog and called about my beer tasting. YAY!!!! I love feedback telling me that things are working!! THANK YOU!!!” Tanya Green, Wine 661
- “Would love to get your wine blasts on Fridays – just in time for the weekend!!! Look forward to your eblast Thanks, Eve” Marianne
- “Eve, Juli and I met you this past fall at “Sunset in the Vineyards”. We loved your enthusiasm and the benefits of the “wine sling” that complemented your attire.” Rocky C