Scrolling through Instagram and what do I see? A little teaser from Wine of the Month for an easy peasy recipe for Frose. I had all of the ingredients at home so I whipped up my own batch.
It’s not what I usually drink but I do believe that it’s one of the most refreshing ways to enjoy wine during a hot summer.
Now, of course, the wine club offers an inexpensive Rose wine perfect for it too. Check it all out via this link. Also asked if I could re-post the article in full here for Eve Wine 101ers and Paul Kalemkiarian, president of the long-running club, immediately replied yes!
Wine of the Month Club Frose
- Bottle of rosé wine (Rosé, 2020 Fontaine.)
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 ounces elderflower liqueur
- Lemon wedge (for garnish)
- First, pour the rose´ into ice cube trays. A standard bottle of wine should fill up two trays. Place the ice cube trays in the freezer and allow the wine to freeze. It’ll take about four hours or so.
- Add the frozen wine cubes to a blender as well as the simple syrup, lemon juice and elderflower liqueur. Blend, pour and garnish each glass with a lemon wedge.