The event – March 5-7, 2020 in Santa Barbara – will include Grand Tastings featuring more than 250 wineries from around the globe, Pinot Noir and Champagne parties, pairing dinners and expert-led seminars.
October 14, 2019 (Santa Barbara, Calif.) – The World of Pinot Noir (WOPN), the wine industry’s foremost organization dedicated to the education and celebration of Pinot Noir, is now selling tickets for its marquee event, taking place March 5-7, 2020 at the seaside Ritz-Carlton Bacara in sunny Santa Barbara.
More than 3,000 wine lovers are expected to attend the 20th Annual World of Pinot Noir, which includes an opening night party followed by two full days of pairing dinners prepared by renown chefs, parties, two Grand Tastings featuring more than 250 premier Pinot Noir wineries from around the globe, and expert-led educational tasting seminars.
To mark this momentous anniversary, special seminars, dinners and new events have been added to the weekend-long program. The What’s New List includes:
- The annual Burgundy Seminar will explore Grand and Premier Crus. This year’s featured winery is Bouchard Pére et Fils.
- Bollinger Champagne joins the 20thAnniversary celebration offering a vertical seminar, and an exclusive Bollinger Champagne La Grand Annee release dinner.
- Award-winning Chef Santos MacDonal, of Il Cortile and La Cosecha restaurants in Paso Robles, is crafting a menu to pair with the Pinot Noirs from Italy’s Alto Adige, as well as wines from Argentina and Chile, among others.
- A special Founders Dinner, featuring many of the winemakers (and their coveted wines) who helped launch the World of Pinot Event 20 years ago includes: Talley Vineyards, Foxen, Patz & Hall, Adelsheim Vineyard and Stephen Ross Wine Cellars.
- A seminar and luncheon hosted by Santa Barbara’s Wine Cask restaurant in downtown Santa Barbara, kicks off the weekend with a deep dive into the amazing wines of Italy’s Alto Adige.
Also new this year are exclusive opportunities for Weekend Passport holders. The Weekend Passport is the World of Pinot Noir’s all-inclusive, fully customizable VIP ticket for the entire weekend. In addition to having a concierge help guests navigate the options, those who purchase their Weekend Passport prior to Nov. 30, 2019, will secure tickets to the Bollinger Champagne tasting seminar and have priority access to the event’s most exclusive dinners: the Vintage Burgundy Dinner hosted by the SommFoundation, and the first-ever Bollinger Champagne Le Grand Dinner.
To view the full lineup of events, and to purchase tickets, including the Weekend Passport, please visit WorldofPinotNoir.com.
About The World of Pinot Noir
WOPN, a non-profit trade organization, was established in 2001 by a small, dedicated group of winemakers from California’s Central Coast. The group’s mission is to bring together the world’s foremost Pinot Noir producers, and in a gorgeous setting, celebrate the delicious wine grape. Wineries, potential sponsors and wine enthusiasts interested in learning more, please visit worldofpinotnoir.com, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow and tag us on Facebook,Twitterand Instagram. #wopn #wopn20