He’s also a genius with words, well-loved and will be sorely missed by many when he moves away. I’ll be over there to get his autograph on something this weekend!
Hope all’s well and tip a toast for me. I’m moving soon and contacting pals to get the word out re: my big estate sale for Scared o’ Bears. If you could pass along the note below to folks, I’d appreciate it.
15353 Iron Canyon, Santa Clarita
(Go to intersection of Sand & Iron Canyons & follow signs)
On Memorial Day Weekend (Saturday & Sunday, May 28 & 29) I’m getting rid of literally just about everything in the Mother of All Garage Sales. The list includes:
• Historical memorabilia including:
— Many old Signal items like Randy Wicks’ drafting table; Scott Newhall’s two typewriters; a bust of SCV Historian A.B. Perkins; photos, books, branding irons; the chair of former Universal Studios mogul Edward Muhl; autographed photo of Wm. S. Hart. & valuable items too many to list
• Furniture, from sofas to cabinets to tables & chairs; washer/dryer; microwave; refrigerator, etc; beds (including $3,500 California King); bedding; hutches; living room chairs; coffee & end tables; lamps; TVs; filing cabinets; office stuff; bookcases, etc., etc., etc.
• John Boston personal memorabilia, from bolo ties; unique Western wear; JB’s personal saddle & tack; canteens; holster; saddlebags; boots; hats
• All sorts of unique artwork
• tools; power tools; garden tools; tool boxes; chainsaw
• books, including unique & impossible-to-find antique local historical works
• computers (2); scanner; color printer
• kitchen wear; giant pots & pans; food processor; toaster; microwave; coffee cup collection;
• unique antiques & SCV memorabilia
Sale starts @ 8 a.m. Saturday & Sunday.