On January 20th, Patina Restaurant, the award-winning Relais & Chateaux restaurant in Los Angeles kicks off the Patina Guest Sommelier Series, an evening of incredible wine, food and conversation, where guests will taste and experience wines with winemaker Emmanuel Kemiji of Miura Vineyards and Silvestre Fernandes, Patina Sommelier. A five course tantalizing tasting menu will be served from four-star Executive Chef Tony Esnault, paired with some of the best and most exclusive wines, which include:
· Various Hors-D’Oeuvres paired with D’Abbatis Brut Nature that will be served for the cocktail reception
· Marinated Hamachi paired with Miura Chardonnay, Talley Vineyard, Arroyo Grande Valley 2009
· Foie Gras Ravioli paired with Miura Pinot Noir, Pisoni Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands 2008 and the Miura Pinot Noir, Talley Vineyard, Arroyo Grande Valley, 2008
· Prime Beef Tenderloin, Glazed Short Ribs paired with Almus Cabernet Sauvignon, Caldwell Vineyard Napa 2006 and the Antiqus Syrah, Gary’s Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highland, 2007
· Black Truffle Brie de Meaux paired with Clos Pissarra, El Mont, Priorat 2007 and the Clos Pissarra El Ramon Priorat 2008
The Patina Guest Sommelier Series features Silvestre’s favorite vineyards from around the world with each dinner featuring a special guest winemaker who will share stories from the vineyard while guests enjoy a tasting menu inspired by the wines.
The cocktail reception will be from 6:30 to 7pm with dinner starting thereafter. $130 per person, all inclusive.