Did you miss me? My blogs over the past two weeks were “Vintage Eve” articles as I was in Northern Italy, namely Lake Garda where I was immersed in Garda DOC wine and education for four days. (Eddie and I chose to stay another week to explore Lake Garda.) Today, not-so-fresh from jet lag, I’m sharing with you the invitation and the schedule just to get your mouth-watering for the full story – which will be in an upcoming issue of SCV Elite Magazine. If you can’t stand the wait tune into my Instagram or Facebook for some of the story in photos. And if the teaser below is still driving you nuts, and you must know who I killed off to get this all-inclusive invitation, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m reaching out on behalf of Garda Wines to invite you on an exclusive press trip to Northern Italy to discover the fresh, fun and stylish sparkling wines of DOC Garda from June 8-11, 2022.
The immersive four-day trip will take you to the hilly vineyards that cover 10 historic appellations around the southern curve of Lake Garda, the largest body of water in Italy, home to one of the world’s most famous winemaking regions boasting over 10,000 growers and 400 wineries. Through this unique experience, you will get the opportunity to deep-dive into the Garda DOC universe, with educative master class sessions, field trips to the vineyard, and mouth-watering tastings with both new and established winemakers. You will get the opportunity to discover for yourself why Garda DOC embodies the values of Lake Garda: fun, conviviality, and the uniqueness of the Italian spirit.
Please see below the itinerary for consideration. Let me know if you be interested and available. We would be thrilled to have you join the adventure!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
2022 GARDA WINES PRESS TRIP
An informative, industry-focused trip consisting of:
- A captivating deep dive into Garda’s spectacular wines and terroirs through a technical masterclass, seminar and walk around tasting.
- Intimate visits to wineries and vineyards to meet with new and established winemakers and experience the conviviality and the uniqueness of the Italian spirit.
- Mouth-watering tasting sessions that illustrate the uniqueness of Garda wines.
- Tuesday, June 7, 2022: Departure from the US in the late afternoon.
- Wednesday, June 8, 2022:
- Arrival at Milano airport. Transfer to Bardolino, a charming village on the shore of Lake Garda in the province of Verona, where art and tradition blend with modernity.
- Check in at Hotel Caesius Thermae&Spa resort on the lake front. Time off to relax around Lake Garda and enjoy the hot springs of hotel spa. Welcome cocktail at night.
- Thursday, June 9, 2022:
- Event day at Dogana Veneta in Lazise, a famous 14th-century building in a typical Italian village directly overlooking the shores of Lago di Garda.
- In-depth look at Garda Wines through seminar and guided masterclass focusing on Garda DOC terroirs and varietals and led by Italian Sommelier Costantino Gabardi. Walk around tasting and meeting with local producers and personalities.
- Exclusive tour around Lake Garda on a sailing ship to get the heart of the “Garda Experience”.
- Friday, June 10, 2022:
- Trip to the vineyard surrounding lake Garda. Visit of typical Gardac DOC wineries. Meeting with local winemakers and tasting sessions to experience the conviviality and the uniqueness of the Italian spirit.
- Visit and institutional Gala Dinner at Rocca Sveva, an ancient medieval borgo famous for its picturesque wine cellar and its experimental vineyard.
- Saturday, June 11, 2022: Closing day with time to explore further the area and travel back to the US.
Eve Bushman has a Level Two Intermediate Certification from the Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET), a “certification in first globally-recognized course” as an American Wine Specialist ® from the North American Sommelier Association (NASA), Level 1 Sake Award from WSET, was the subject of a 60-minute Wine Immersion video (over 16k views), authored “Wine Etiquette for Everyone” and has served as a judge for the Long Beach Grand Cru and the Global Wine Awards. You can email Eve@EveWine101.com to ask a question about wine or spirits.