Veggies for mom, rice for the teen and beef for my man; I think I got it all covered in this week’s recipe from the Crock-Pot Ladies as I MADE NO CHANGES:
2-3 Pounds of Lean Stew Beef (Or Lean Sirloin)
1 28 Ounce Can Chunky Crushed Tomatoes
4 Cups Beef Broth
4-6 Carrots, Sliced
1 Pound White Mushrooms, Sliced
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Medium Yellow Onion, Diced
1 Bay Leaf
1 1/2 Teaspoons Oregano
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1/4 Cup Burgundy (Or Other Red Wine)
1 Cup Uncooked White Rice
- Trim beef of any visible fat and cut into bite size pieces.
- Brown on top of the stove.
- Drain grease.
- Place carrots, garlic, onions and mushrooms at bottom of crock-pot.
- Add all other ingredients except rice.
- Stir gently.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours until carrots are tender.
- Add rice, stir and cook on high for approximately 25 minutes.
- Serve with some crusty bread.