- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 apples, peeled and diced small
- Zest from one orange
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- egg wash (1 egg, scrambled)
- sugar to sprinkle on the top
- Seriously, this might be one of my favorite desserts I’ve ever made. Not only are they so cute because they’re individual but the flavors just POP. Everyone will be so happy you made this!
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, and salt. To the dry ingredients add the COLD butter and with your hands pinch the butter and flour in between your fingers so that everything is incorporated. Watch the video if you need help or just use a pastry cutter or a food processor!
- To the dough add the cold water and mix until combined. The dough might feel a little loose. Pour the dough onto a floured surface and knead it a few times to combine everything.
buy super kamagra generic https://infobuyblo.com/super_kamagra.html over the counter
Work it into a nice smooth ball, cover with plastic wrap, and put in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes
- While the dough is chilling preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- In a pan over medium high heat add the cranberries. Stir occasionally, and when the berries start to pop add the sugar and orange zest
- Simmer the mixture for about 15 minutes until it is a thick jam like texture
- Remove it from the heat and add in the peeled and diced apples as well as the cinnamon and set aside while you knead out the dough
- Take the dough out of the fridge, sprinkle some more flour on your work space surface, and roll it out to about 1 1/16th of an inch thick. I cut the dough into a large rectangle, then into 8 equal smaller rectangles. If you want to make round ones you can use a biscuit cutter or if you want to just free hand it and make any shape you want go for it! Mine were a little on the larger side (I like my desserts!) but you can really make them as big or as small as you want
- On a parchment lined sheet pan lay down your first piece of dough, add a good scoop of the filling into the center leaving a border of exposed dough, brush an egg wash on the exposed dough, and top with the other piece of dough. Press it down with your fingers to create a seal
- Put a little hole (I made 3 slits) on the top to let the steam release, brush the entire top with the egg wash, and sprinkle with sugar
- Repeat this step until you are out of dough!
- Bake the pies for about 15-17 minutes, or until the dough is a beautiful golden brown. Take them out of the oven and let them cool slightly before serving with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream
- That’s it! The perfect individual dessert that everyone will go crazy for! Happy Holidays!