New York, NY —Wine Spectator, the world’s leading authority on wine, has unveiled its Top 10 Wine Values of 2022, with Beaulieu Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2019 taking top honors as the Wine Value of the Year. At a $33 price point, the bottle offers consumers an entrée to a historic winery whose roots lie in a four-acre estate in the heart of Rutherford.
Spotlighting the best-priced wines of the year, the list features bottles that are rated 90 points or higher on Wine Spectator’s 100-point scale, cost $40 or less and are made in large enough quantities to be widely available.
“The thrill of trying something new is one of the many pleasures of wine, and as quality has risen across the globe, it’s easier than ever to find a wine you love,” said Marvin R. Shanken, editor and publisher, Wine Spectator. “This means that well-priced wines from California to Italy to Argentina offer some of the special qualities that distinguish their pricier counterparts.”
The Top 10 Wine Values of 2022 are:
- Beaulieu Vineyard | Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2019 | 92 points | $33 | 44,700 Cases Made | California
- Decoy | Limited Red Napa Valley 2019 | 91 points | $30 | 32,500 Cases Made | California
- Antinori | Toscana Villa Antinori 2019 | 90 points | $20 | 80,000 Cases Imported | Italy
- Bodegas Marqués de Murrieta | Rioja Finca Ygay Reserva 2018 | 91 points | $32 | 14,000 Cases Imported | Spain
- Joel Gott | Sauvignon Blanc California 2021 | 91 points | $16 | 92,000 Cases Made | California
- Domaine Bousquet | Malbec Tupungato 2021 | 90 points | $13 | 49,122 Cases Imported | Argentina
- Mumm Napa | Brut Napa County Prestige NV | 90 points | $24 | 220,000 Cases Made | California
- Kendall Jackson | Merlot Sonoma County Vitner’s Reserve 2019 | 90 points | $24 | 50,000 Cases Made | California
- Montinore | Pinot Noir Willamette Valley Red Cap 2019 | 90 points | $25 | 19,849 Cases Made | Oregon
- Drouhin | Chablis 2020 | 90 points | $27 | 19,000 Cases Imported | France
The full Top 10 Wine Values List can be found at WineSpectator.com, and in the February issue of Wine Spectator.
About Wine Spectator
Wine Spectator is the world’s leading authority on wine. Anchored by Wine Spectator magazine, a print publication that reaches around 3 million readers worldwide, the brand also encompasses the Web’s most comprehensive wine site (WineSpectator.com), mobile platforms and a series of signature events. Wine Spectator examines the world of wine from the vineyard to the table, exploring wine’s role in contemporary culture and delivering expert reviews. Parent company M. Shanken Communications, Inc., also publishes Cigar Aficionado, Whisky Advocate, Market Watch, Shanken News Daily and Shanken’s Impact Newsletter.