KANSAS CITY, MO. (PRWEB) – Best USA Sommelier Association (BUSA), a not-for-profit created by top industry professionals to support and promote the role of the sommelier in the United States, hosted their national finals on June 13-15, 2022, in Hermann, Missouri.
The seven finalists competed for the title of “Best Sommelier USA.” The top finisher will also be eligible to compete for the title of Best Sommelier in the World, a global competition hosted by Association de la Sommellerie Internationale (ASI).
All seven finalists excelled in two rigorous qualifying rounds held in 2021, and were the top performers among 22 semi-finalists, a pool of highly skilled sommeliers who also met the global criteria of fluency in a second language. The following seven sommeliers will compete in the Best USA Sommelier Finals (all bios here). Please visit the BUSA website for updates on all upcoming events – and congratulations to all our finalists:
· David Bérubé (Restaurant Daniel, New York, NY)
· Eduardo Bolaños (The Wine House, Los Angeles, CA)
· Dustin Chabert (Chicago, IL)
· Max Goldberg (Maybourne Hotel, Beverly Hills, CA)
· Mark Guillaudeu (Commis, Oakland, CA)
· Brandon Kerne (Houston, TX)
· Kaysie Rogers (Flagler Steakhouse at The Breakers, Palm Beach, FL)