Picture this: A stunning private estate/vineyard home in Newhall, hosting the second annual pick-up/tasting party for Pulchella winery – just blocks from their tasting room. Why? Because Santa Clarita’s only winery tasting room isn’t quite big enough to entertain all of the members at once in Pulchella style.
I had the pleasant task of tasting the newly released 09 single-vineyard Grenache and an 09 D’epaisseru Mélange blend of 54% Grenache and 46% Syrah, barrel samples of 100% Carmenere and a Tannat that both may be released in 2012, and many other favorites of their current wines in the tasting room: 09 Tempranillo, 09 Golden Cloud Vineyard Zinfandel, 09 Private Family Reserve and 07 Bella Collina Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon.
Paired with the wines this year, as it was a hit last year, were unique passed appetizers prepared by Shannon and Simon Mee of the Egg Plantation: Fresh made meatballs, smoked salmon wraps with blanched asparagus, dill, cream cheese, capers, red onions on lavash bread, French baguette topped with strawberry and pinot noir spread, gruyere cheese and prosciutto, fresh California and black figs stuffed with blue cheese, and bacon wrapped dates stuffed with pecans or cheese.
Guests strolled between gorgeous property and vineyards, marveling at all there was, once again, offered to members. And, of course, I used this time to ask people what they loved about their membership. These are some of the quotes I was able to decipher later from my wine-stained note pad.
From Members That Benefit
Michael Perlis: “A premium Paso Robles winery with a tasting room right in our town, run by some of the nicest people in the wine biz. And free wine tasting for club members!” And then later: “Forgot to mention the rockin’ pick up party!”
Susie Majesty: “We feel like members of a private club with this party! We cannot wait for the new Tannat to be done!”
Cheryl Dellepiane: “We are so pleased with our membership. Don and I think the Tannat will age nicely, it’s all so good, the current releases and the up and coming wines!”
Julie Speak: “Everything is so delicious today. And their personal service at the winery tasting room is awesome compared to my other club memberships.”
Francine Danny: “I love that members can taste for free every time they visit the tasting room. I’ve been going most Thursday nights, and end up with a full glass for free after having all the tastes. We are very impressed with the new wines being poured today too, that only club member got to taste!”
Suzanne Meadows: “For a small amount of money – less than $100 for a three-bottle commitment – you get to walk into a local winery tasting room and be treated like family. It’s like visiting Paso Robles without leaving Newhall. I choose my own wine from their selection so it’s completely customized.”
And lastly, Mike Ortiz jokingly commented, “Even Mike Ortiz likes Pulchella winery!”
My husband Eddie and I are full-fledged members too, adding to these sentiments I can only say: Join us.
Michael and Karen Perlis, Eddie Bushman, Chris and Jeannie Carpenter, Tim Carpenter, Nate and Jennifer Hasper, Steve and Megan Lemley, Kerri Tucker Emmer, Carol Maglione, Carol Neyer, Beth Greenwald, Phil and Suzanne Meadows, Megan and Marcy Gonzalez, Don and Cheryl Dellepiane, Lucas and Betty Herme, John and Jackie Hamby, Perry and Kim Mangers, Phil and Suzanne Meadows, Cheryl Gray, Judy Penman, Bob Jones and Susie Majesky, Robert Schwemmer, Shannon and Simon Mee, Danny Barlavi and Francine Danny, Steve and Cathy Martin, Joan Pahoyo, Janet Paul, Mike Ortiz and Carey Babcock, Larry and Gloria Stahly, Derrick and Moe McKaughan and Doug Gould.
From the website
A Tremendous Passion For Wine…
Pulchella Winery is focused on producing very small quantities of hand crafted, ultra premium cult wines. We spare no expense in sourcing the highest quality Paso Robles grapes and showcase small vineyards that offer unique characteristics that would normally be overlooked by larger producing wineries.
Each vintage’s lot has a limited production of 100 cases or less. This philosophy allows us to manage the very complex tasks that are required to make world-class cult wines.
We believe in offering a true vision of the vineyards terrior paired with a unique winemaking style. Our wines are kept in their truest form and free from fining or filtering.
Our tasting room is located on Main Street in the historical district of old town Newhall. Visit our Tasting room page for hours of operation and directions.
Benefits of Membership
Click here to Join Silver Club
3 bottle shipments twice a year, 15% off all orders.
Click here to Join Platinum Club
6 bottle shipments twice a year, 20% off all orders.
How our Silver and Platinum Wine Club works:
· No membership fees, enjoy a total of one free flight tasting per visit at the tasting room. Shipments are completely customizable by you.
· Members will be notified first when our wines become available on our website.
· Gain exclusive access to your own Members Only page. This allows you to review your available discounts, the ability to order wines before they are available to the public through our normal website store, customize your shipments, update shipping and billing information and much more.
· We will keep you updated on our upcoming events and news through our newsletter.
· Our Silver Members enjoy two Club Shipments a year. The shipments will include three bottles of assorted wines based on availability. Shipments will usually stay under $100.00. 15% off all orders (including Club Shipments) and free shipping on Club Shipments.
· Our Platinum Members enjoy two Club Shipments a year. The shipments will include six bottles of assorted wines based on availability. Shipments will usually stay under $200.00. 20% off all orders (including Club Shipments) and free shipping on Club Shipments.
· Membership is at no cost and can be cancelled with 30 days written notice before the next shipment.
· Each shipment will be conveniently charged to your credit card. We will send out a reminder email well before your club shipment is processed.
Pulchella Winery’s Tasting Room is located at:
24261 Main Street
Newhall, CA 91321
Open Thursday through Saturday
5 p.m. to 10 p.m.