I’ve actually never made Pasta Primavera, but I’ve ordered it many times as it’s chock full of fresh veggies and pretty lo-cal. This recipe is extremely simple and basic, and it tasted the same, so my changes in italics are suggestions to flavor-it-up! Paired with a Domaine Gardies Rhone blend, that was the best part!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lbs. I cut them into bite-sized pieces with my handy-dandy kitchen scissors!)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (more)
- 6 cups cut-up assorted vegetables: red or green (I used yellow) bell peppers, broccoli, yellow squash (I used zucchini), carrots and/or onion. Add some Italian seasoning, bay leaf, basil leaves, fresh rosemary…)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (more)
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
- 8 ounces spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- Feta cheese
- Pine nuts
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper (lots). In 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In same skillet, add vegetables and cook covered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in Pasta Sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve over hot pasta, top with feta and pine nuts.