When it comes to making your bar or restaurant stand out from the rest, many times it involves a signature item – like a cocktail. But if it’s going to have your name on it and be associated with your brand, it has to be perfect. Here is some more on the importance of making your signature drink stand out from Adam Robin, Director of Operations at Cabo Flats.
How to mix up the perfect cocktail, 5 tips on making your signature drink stand out from the rest.
Many restaurants and bars have them – signature drinks. “It is important to stand out and have unique drinks that are specific to our concept,” Cabo Flats Director of Operations Adam Robin said. So besides fitting your cuisine and business brand, what else makes a signature drink successful? These are Adam’s five secrets to concocting the perfect cocktail:
- Balance. Balancing the amount of alcohol with bitter taste to sweet taste. Some believe that more alcohol is better, but the taste has to be considered. Correctly measure the alcohol, mixer, and sweetener.
- Fresh Juice. Whether its fresh squeezed orange juice, pink grapefruit juice, lemon juice, or lime juice – it is extremely important to use fresh squeezed juice and nothing packaged or pasteurized.
- Sweetener. Yes, the type matters. Agave needs to be used for tequila, simple syrup needs to be used for vodka or gin. For brown spirits, you should use pure cane sugar.
- Quality of Alcohol. A low quality vodka, gin, or tequila will ruin your drink every time. You must take into account the distillation process and the item the alcohol is distilled from. For example, good tequila is 100% blue agave. Some of the best vodka, like Titos, is distilled from Corn.
- Final Touches. The last piece to a “perfect cocktail” is the garnish, the foam, the oil, the bitters, the twist, the smoke, the salted rim, etc. This will have a huge effect on the taste and look of the cocktail. It’s been said people eat and drink with their eyes, so the colors and consistency of a cocktail matters just as much as the taste.
Cabo Flats is dedicated to serving our guests the finest Mexican food and drinks from the freshest local ingredients at a reasonable price. We strive for the highest standards of excellence in the industry and to include prompt, professional and friendly customer service. Cabo Flats wants you to enjoy every experience in a fun, casual and comfortable atmosphere.