Recipe for: Thai Beef Salad
½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
¼ cup honey
¼ Cup fish sauce
3 Tbsp fresh orange juice
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp cilantro
1 Tbsp mint leaves
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 fresh Thai chile
3 cloves garlic
1/2-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
Blend everything together
1 ½ Lb flank steak
1 small red onion, sliced
4 roma tomatoes, diced
I head romaine lettuce
1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
2 Tbsp chopped thai basil
¼ Cup chopped peanuts toasted
½ bag bean thread noodles
· Blend marinade. Reserve ½ as dressing.
· Marinate the steak in the other ½ for ½ hour. (we like to use a freezer bag)
· Prepare and chop all the ingredients for the salad.
· Cook the bean noodles, rinse and toss lightly with a dash of olive oil.
· Grill the steak on medium-high until medium rare, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Let rest and cool
· Slice steak very thinly across the grain.
· In a large bowl, toss onions, tomatoes, cucumber and romaine with reserved dressing.
· Top with herbs / nuts / steak
1 oz Kafir lime leaf infused white rum
1 oz lychee juice/syrup
1 oz lychee liquor (Kwai Feh or Soho)
Dash bitters (Angosturo)
2 oz Champagne
Lychee for garnish
· Infuse white rum with kafir lime leaves overnight.
· In a shaker with add: rum, lychee syrup, lychee liquor.
· Shake well
· Pour into a tall glass with ice.
· Add a dash of bitters and top with Champagne.
· Garnish with lychee.