Santa Clarita is absolutely ABUZZ about the upcoming all-inclusive “Cocktails on the Roof” event scheduled for September 18, 2015! Put on your dancing shoes and join us from 8-11 pm. With an open-air venue way up on top of the Macy’s parking garage (adjacent to the Macy’s bridge), unique lounges, lighting and a DJ, this is certainly the most talked about event to hit the valley! With a focus on signature cocktails, get your tastebuds ready for a variety of spirit offerings paired with food from your favorite restaurants!
Presented by Westfield Valencia Town Center and co-hosted by Newhall Land Vice President Marlee Lauffer and Eve Bushman of “Eve’s Wine 101,” the event will benefit the 23,000 students of the Wm. S. Hart School District. E-Tickets ($75 General Admission and $55 Designated Driver by bracelet) are available now at www.wishscv.org. 21 and over admitted only, please. With ticket sales already nearing 50% capacity, NOW is the time to get YOURS! Inventive “mock”tails will be on hand as well so all are welcome to join us for this most distinctive event! $95, all admissions, at the door.
Participants include Salt Creek Grille, Newhall Refinery, solita, Wolf Creek Restaurant and Brewery, Persia Hookah Lounge, Marstons, Whole Foods Market, 1921 Tequila, Kokolita’s, Oaks Grille TPC, Nothing Bundt Cakes, Lazy Dog, LA Scotch Club, and Cutler’s Artisan Spirits! Recently joining us are Deep Eddy Vodka, JJ’s Bar and Grill, Ventura Limoncello, Bowen’s Whiskey, Chilled Magazine, 12 Bottle Bar, The Speakeasy Bakery, Bake You Happy, Culinary Wonders, Parashars’ Indian Kitchen, Smokin Bar-Be-Quties, Opolo Vineyards’ Spirits, Sisley Italian Kitchen, Vina Sympatica, Honu Coffee, The Social, Lima Limon, Chocolate Dove Discoveries, Boutique Sake and Olive Terrace Bar and Grill. Sponsors include Santa Clarita Magazine, Whole Foods Market, California Credit Union, Balfour Beatty Construction, Littler Mendelson, 24/7 Events, Steve Chegwin, CPA, SCVTV, SOS, the Signal, Valley Crest Tree Company, Burrtec and KHTS. Our modern, interesting lounges are available for sponsorship and include signage and marketing. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of this most unique event, go to www.wishscv.org to download the sponsorship forms. Space is limited.
For more information about “Cocktails on the Roof” sponsorships , please visit: www.WiSHscv.org, email: WiSH@hartdistrict.org or call 661.799.WiSH (9474).
Q and A for Cocktails on the Roof
We’ve been getting a few questions about our Cocktails on the Roof event, so, to keep our positive buzz going we’d thought we’d attack them head on. (And watch our spot on SCVTV here.)
1. Will there be enough food for this to be dinner? With over a dozen restaurants, and about a half dozen specialty food vendors, we should be able to keep both your plate and glass full. (This event is all-inclusive!)
2. What should we wear? As this is a premier cocktail event, cocktail attire of course! But please dress comfortably because we want you, our guests, to be comfortable! (For volunteers and vendors: We want you to be comfortable too, just keep in mind that this is a school district fundraiser and dress appropriately.)
3. Can we keep going past 11pm? Sure, if you want to help clean up! Honestly, we think three hours of drinking, eating, dancing and visiting is plenty. But if you want to continue having fun please visit any participating vendors that will be open past 11pm!
4. Where do we park? You can park in all of the levels of the Macy parking garage and take the elevator up to the party. Note: You can also leave a car overnight at the Macy’s lot and retrieve after 9am the next morning.
5. Can you get tickets at the door with cash, check or credit card? Yes, but the price raises to $95 per person. If we are sold out prior to the event we will make an announcement on social media. We would suggest that you get your tickets online now.
6. Should I download Uber before I come? Yes! We also have contacted Designated Drivers of SCV (they drive you and your car home: 661-313-8336) to be on alert. Not to mention the Hyatt is just a block away. And there is plenty of non-alocholic beverages, food, dancing for your designated driver to attend for $55.
7. How big is the mini martini glass we will be given for tasting? Three – refillable – ounces so hold onto your personal keepsake glass!
#8: Tell us about the WiSH organization, the beneficiary of the money raised? The WiSH Education Foundation exists to support the 23,000 students in the Wm. S. Hart School District. WiSH benefits students in Science, Technology, the arts and other areas that enhance academic and career success. WiSH is RAISING THE BAR FOR OUR KIDS!
9. Will I get enough to drink? With bartenders from a dozen restaurants and about 10 spirit vendors, there will be more than enough. Please drink responsibly by pouring out drinks you don’t care for. Also be mindful if you are not used to drinking different kinds of liquor. We also will have lounge seating, plenty of water and a coffee vendor.
10. It looks like your vendor spots are all filled, nearly ten more than we had planned at the last event, are there sponsorship possibilities for those businesses that want to be included in the buzz? Okay, we made up that last question but it’s a good one. Our event is made possible by ticket sales, but is majorly assisted by our generous sponsors. Our entry level sponsor, at only a $1,000 contribution, still gets advertising, social networking, signage and tickets!
Still have questions? Email: WiSH@hartdistrict.org