* 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into 4 pieces
* 1 pint cherry tomatoes
* 3 habanero peppers, seeded
* 4 cloves garlic
* 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons prepared Thai sweet chili sauce
* Combine water, kosher salt, and sugar in a saucepan over low heat; cook until sugar and salt dissolve, 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
* Score the skin side of each piece of chicken 2 to 3 times, about 1/8 inch deep. Place chicken pieces in a large bowl or lidded container.
* Puree cherry tomatoes, habanero peppers, garlic, and allspice with the salt and sugar mixture in a blender until smooth.
* Pour tomato brine over chicken pieces, making sure all pieces are covered. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
* Remove chicken pieces and transfer to a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Pat chicken pieces dry with more paper towels.
* Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
* Combine thyme, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and oil in a small bowl.
* Brush each chicken piece with thyme and oil mixture.
* Cook chicken, skin side down, on the preheated grill for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn each piece and move to indirect heat. Cook until well-browned and meat is no longer pink in the center, 30 to 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
* Brush each piece with Thai sweet chile sauce. Transfer to a plate and allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes.