GOLDEN, Colo. – The Eighth Annual Breckenridge Wine Classic (September 15-17) has announced details regarding its innovative lineup including a “Winemaker for a Day” experience, “Wine & Wildflower Hike,” and exquisite paired dinners with some of the country’s best vintners at five standout Breckenridge restaurants, including one at the ski resort. Located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, the Breckenridge Wine Classic is a three-day festival anchored by the two-day Grand Tasting, which features hundreds of wineries, breweries, distilleries, and epicurean purveyors at this ultimate food, wine and sensory destination. Tickets for the seminars and paired dinners are on sale now, while Grand Tasting tickets went on sale in April.
“The Breckenridge Wine Classic is so much more than the Grand Tasting. We develop programming that provides unprecedented access to sommeliers, winemakers, glassware experts and other industry pioneers that will help everyone from a wine novice to someone with decades of wine enthusiasm learn more about the craft,” said Breckenridge Wine Classic Festival Events and Marketing Director Kristen Horpedahl. “Where else can you play winemaker for a day for $85 or explore the Rocky Mountains with a master somm?”
All tickets can be purchased on the Breckenridge Wine Classic Eventbrite page. Experiences at the 2022 Breckenridge Wine Classic include:
Thursday, September 15: The Breckenridge Uncorked Dinner Series (prices vary) will feature five-course paired wine dinners at Breckenridge’s best restaurants including:
- The Tour of Pinot Noir Dinner at Hearthstone Breckenridge with Copper Cane’s portfolio
- Single Vineyard Reserve Dinner at Beaver Run Resort’s Spencer’s Lounge with Canard Vineyard
- Wild West of Wines Dinner at Carboy Winery Breckenridge with Colorado’s own winery
- Master Sommelier Reserve Dinner at Rootstalk Breckenridge with local Master Sommelier Sean Razee
- Read All About It Dinner at Modis Breckenridge with Robert Craig Winery
Friday, September 16:
- Winemaker For A Day Blending Experience ($85): Alexander Valley Vineyards hosts a blending seminar where guests are invited to taste from the barrel samples and create their own craft blend
- Uncharted Territories Hike ($130): This guided 3-mile hike on the Burro Trail culminates in a three-course paired lunch at Cabin Juice with wines from little known regions of Australia.
Saturday, September 17:
- Class On Glass Riedel Seminar ($125): Guests will sample wine from Riedel’s varietal-specific glasses to understand how glassware enhances the aromas and taste components.
- Wine & Wildflower Hike ($130): This 3-mile guided hike throughout the Rocky Mountain’s wildflowers alongside Deanna Benzenberg of Michael David Winery culminates in a three-course paired lunch at Cabin Juice.
- Giampietro’s Reserve Lunch ($99): Double the somms, double the fun. This double-trouble paired lunch features two Master Sommeliers: Sean Razee and Damon Ornowski at Giampietro Italian restaurant.
Tickets for the seminars and paired dinners start at $85, while Grand Tasting tickets start at $109.
More details regarding the seminars and events will be released closer to the festival. Volunteer applications will open in June.
High-resolution renderings available here.
Media interested in attending, please fill out this form.
About Breckenridge Wine Classic
The Breckenridge Wine Classic is a premier destination event where master winemakers, culinary greats, and our distinguished guests gather to play, wine, and dine in beautiful Breckenridge, Colo. Experience more than 100 food artisans, wineries, breweries, distilleries, epicurean purveyors, and locally-made products at this ultimate food and wine experience. Whether you are a full-fledged foodie or an emerging gourmand, you are sure to find more than one event to whet your appetite at the Wine Classic. There is something for everyone – from food and wine tastings, to seminars and luncheons, to outdoor adventures with food & wine influences, there are tastes and temptations at every turn. For more information, visit breckenridgewineclassic.com or follow @breckwineclassic on Instagram and @breckenridewineclassic on Facebook.
About Team Player Productions
Founded more than 25 years ago in Denver, Team Player Productions (TPP) has produced and managed more than 400 events around the country, raising more than $2 million for its various nonprofit partners. TPP has created and continues to produce beloved annual events including Vail Wine Classic, Breckenridge Wine Classic and Vail Craft Beer Classic , and adopted others, such asDenver Burger Battle and the Boulder Creek Festival. The company was also the originator of events including Taste of Fort Collins, Steamboat Wine Festival and Park City Food & Wine Classic. TPP consults and produces events for a portfolio of clients as well, such as Goose Island Beer Co., Blue Point Brewing Co., Great Divide Brewing Company, Odell Brewing Company, Red Bull, City of Centennial, Anheuser-Busch, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and City of Littleton. For more information, visit TPPEvents.com, or follow @TPPEvents on Facebook and @TeamPlayerProductions on Instagram.