Here’s the story:
- Jose Cuervo’s Reserva de La Familia® is the company’s flagship tequila Brand, and a leading player in the ultra-premium 100% agave tequila. Made at the La Rojeña® Distillery and sipped in a champagne-style flute glass, this ultra-premium tequila is now included for a select group of passengers traveling aboard the new Elite wagon.
- Starting on Saturday, December 5, the Jose Cuervo Express—known as the Tequila Train—resumed riding on the rails with two trips every Saturday between Guadalajara and Tequila. Priced at $166 USD, the memorable adventure is made only spectacular with floor-to-ceiling views offered by the wagon’s large and private spaces where you can taste an exclusive line of cocktails including Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia®.
- The richly decorated new Elite wagon, which was under development for 8 months and which includes wood paneling and luxurious interiors, has 37 comfortable spaces distributed in 2 lounge areas reserved for 10 people, 2 tables for 4 people and 3 lounge areas with tables reserved for 2 people each. It features an open bar for guests to taste a line of cocktails designed exclusively for this experience. Guests must be 18 years of age to travel in the Elite wagon. For safety reasons, the capacity of the new Elite wagon is temporarily reduced from 37 spaces to a maximum of 24 passengers.
- Guests will enjoy a three-glass educational tasting guided by a Tequila Expert with our Reserva de la Familia® tequila: Platinum, Reposado and Extra Añejo, as well as cocktails from the Premium Bar on board the train featuring Tequila Maestro Tequilero®, Centenario®, 1800®, Reserva de la Familia®, Rum, Vodka and Whiskey. Mexican botanas and snacks will also be enjoyed and served to the travelers aboard.
- Once in the Magical Town of Tequila, travelers will enjoy a festive day with family or friends in an atmosphere full of Mexican essence: mariachi, Mexican games. As soon as safety protocols permit, the journey will also include again a visit to the oldest distillery in Latin America, La Rojeña®. Until then, guests will enjoy a virtual explanation of the tequila production process and walk-through Jose Cuervo’s® La Rojeña® distillery. Click here for information on the Jalisco COVID-19 FAQs for travelers.