Here’s an interesting food and wine pairing suggested by old friend, customer, and enofile, Donna Brennan Rice, of Rochester, New York. She wrote to tell me her family had enjoyed our 2012 Antelope Valley Zinfandel paired with Pasta e Fagiola. She shared her recipe and I’ve attached it here. Donna says,
“Yepper-one of my fave meals, and-(most importantly)-simple! (However, this is “thicker”~kind of like a casserole~ than the usual pasta fagiola *soup*). It’s always better the 2nd day. It became a standby for our daughter, who became a vegetarian in 4th grade. So much for that “passing phase” some people claimed she’d outgrow!” (She now has children of her own.)
The recipe does look tasty and simple. Being an obligate carnivore and spicy food fan myself, though, I’d probably cook in some crumbled hot Italian sausage. Just me; what can I say.
If any of you try this, let us know.
buy suhagra online https://www.lifefoodstorage.store/wp-content/themes/astra/languages/en/suhagra.html no prescription
And if you have any favorite pairings or recipes to share, please pass them along.
And don’t forget: this points out again that on the Coruce Vineyards and Winery Facebook page our wines are available in 38 states including –Recently!– Pennsylvania. This will soon be true on our newly under-construction website as well.
Cheers and Buono Appetito!
Coreen Savikko and Bruce Burch
Coruce Vineyards and Winery
Pasta y Fagiola
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 (more or less, to taste) cloves fresh garlic, cut in half lengthwise… (but who wouldn’t like it garlicky?)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (5 oz or more) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 tsp parsley (chop, if using fresh)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 box Ditalini (use up to ½ box if “noodly” is preferred)
- 1 can Cannellini beans, very lightly drained
- Sauté garlic and onion until tender and golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, salt/pepper, oregano and parsley.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook ditalini noodles, drain and add with cannellini beans to mixture.
buy zenegra online https://www.lifefoodstorage.store/wp-content/themes/astra/languages/en/zenegra.html no prescription
- Simmer 5 minutes, until heated through. *Even better the next day!
- Serve w/ crusty Italian bread and red wine. J