Caramel Apple Reyes White Delight Bread Pudding
By Beth P. Heiserman
Many bread pudding recipes are made with “hard” sauce that has whisky in it. Hard sauce is generally butter, sugar and liquor. I have made a variation with fruit and Reyes White Port. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do with a glass of Reyes White Port.
This recipe requires three steps: Bread, Custard, and Caramel Reyes White Delight Sauce. You can make the entire recipe from scratch or you can purchase the bread already made.
1 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 ½ Tsp. kosher salt
3 cups bread flour
½ tsp Cinnamon
2 ½ Tsp. Bread machine yeast
Ingredients for custard
1/3 cup of sugar
1 ½ cups of non fat milk
½ cup of heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp. cardamom
1 Tsp. vanilla
Ingredients for Caramel Reyes White Delight sauce
21 Oz. can of apple pie filling
2 cups of Reyes White Delight
1/2 cup of sugar
1. Make bread according to your machine or purchase Cinnamon or apple bread.
2. Cooled bread must be cut in to 1 inch cubes.
3. Leave uncovered (leave open for air to dry, minimum 6 hours.)
4. Spray Pam on 13X9 baking dish.
5. Put cubed bread into baking dish.
6. Mix Custard ingredients together and pour on bread.
7. Let sit in fridge to rest (minimum 8-12 hours)
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 ½ hours.
9. In saucepan reduce Reyes White Delight wine and sugar for 5-10 minutes.
10. Add apple pie filling cook 5-10 minutes, until thick and bubbly.
11. Add Vanilla.
12. Pour warm sauce over bread pudding.
Apple Cranberry Cobbler
By Beth P. Heiserman
One Thanksgiving, there were 10 of us. My grandma said she would get the pies. She ended up getting 10 pies because she couldn’t decide. Now, I make cobbler.
3 apples, slices
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¾ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp ginger, grated
3 tbsp flour
½ tsp salt, kosher
1/3 cup Reyes Sweet Serenity
2 tbsp butter, softened
Ingredients for topping
¾ cup flour
½ cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt, kosher
Zest of an orange
2 tbsp non fat milk
2 tbsp butter, melted
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together apples, cranberries and lemon juice.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt.
3. Mix together from both mixing bowl and add the Reyes Sweet Serenity.
4. Spray Pam in 9×9 baking dish.
5. Place mixture into baking dish.
6. Put pieces of softened butter on top of mixture.
7. In a new mixing bowl, mix dry topping ingredients together.
8. Slowly add in wet ingredients; egg, non fat milk and butter.
9. When combined, drop spoonfuls of batter over mixture that is already in baking dish.
10.Bake 50 minutes in preheated 375 degree oven.