4 lbs beef short ribs
1 cup seasoned flour (salt, pepper, paprika)
¼ cup oil
2 large onions sliced
2 large cloves of garlic
2 tsp thyme
1 bottle of Chocolate Stout
- Dredge ribs in the flour (or use a bag to dust them). Brown on all sides in the oil.
- Place onions, garlic & thyme in crock-pot and place ribs on top.
- Cover with beer and cook 6-8 hours.
- Take fluid out and skim off fat. It can be thickened with slurry of cornstarch & water or a roux of flour & butter. Bring to a boil until thickened.
- Serve with horseradish mashed potatoes. Love is in the air!