I’m going without diary products these days (Don’t ask why) and this was one of the first dishes that I made that I had to divide up the recipe: one part for me, and two parts for my fam. I could have everything in the wrap except the best part – the Caesar dressing! I tried to make up for it with the homemade salsa…you’ll soon learn why that didn’t work. But we all loved having the light meal on a hot night. See my notes below in italics.
- 1 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbspn lime juice
- 2 tbspn chopped cilantro
- 1 jalepeno or serrano pepper, seeded and chopped (Anaheim next time. After cutting and removing the seeds, this chef 101er got it under her nails in her eyes and lips. Several hand washings later = relief! And, it was too spicy in the salsa anyway.)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package 10oz caesar salad
- 6-8 (7-8 inch) flour tortillas
Stir together pineapple, onion, lime juice, cilantro and pepper in small bowl. Set salsa aside.
Broil or grill chicken 10 – 12 minutes, turning once or until no longer pink in the center. Cool slightly; cut (love my kitchen scissors!) into bite-sized pieces.
Toss salad greens with chicken pieces, grated cheese from packet and salad dressing. Reserve croutons to use in another salad (oops, left in, no one noticed). Spoon about 1 cup salad mixture into each tortilla, top with 2 tbspns pineapple salsa, fold sides over salsa. Serve with remaining salsa.