Beef Macaroni Soup, from Taste of Home
I chose to make this soup due to its simplicity and for being low fat…but it was lacking. After we made a couple of minor adjustments the teen and the hubby declared they would definitely have again. We served with pretzel bread.
Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth (Definitely needed 2 cans, maybe next time will add a third so that the macaroni doesn’t soak it all up.)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- Err…seasoning? With the broth and pepper alone it was bland. I called in Eddie and told him I needed more spice – but no heat as the teen wouldn’t go for that. I had thought Italian spices, minced onion…he pulled out a packet of French’s Onion Soup Mix and that alone really helped. We added it in, brought to a boil again, then added in the macaroni.
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the mixed vegetables, tomatoes, broth and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; add macaroni. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 8-10 minutes or until macaroni and vegetables are tender.
- Recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/beef-macaroni-soup#ixzz3KYnbHG7p