Edgartown, MA – The Edgartown Board of Trade is pleased to announce the 2016 Martha’s Vineyard Food and Wine Festival taking place October 13th – 16th. This four-day celebration of the senses provides memorable experiences that showcase the tastes and talents of skilled winemakers and culinary artisans from the island and all over the world.
Set against beautifully, breathtaking backdrops, Martha’s Vineyard Food and Wine Festival features a series of exclusive events for wine lovers and foodies alike including dinners, seminars and more – all rich with the tradition, culture and character of the Vineyard. A few of the featured events of the weekend including:
- Fresh Off the Farm – A delicious, community gathering and weekend kick-off combining Island farms and chefs with sustainable, family-run vineyards;
- Somm Throw Down – A face-off of three wine personalities that pairs 12 wines with four small plates designed by such Island culinary masters as Jeremy Davis of The Port Hunter and Brian Woods of Alchemy;
- Joseph Carr Dinner – Chef Justin Melnick teams up with sommelier-turned-producer Joseph Carr for a delicious, local-as-local-gets dinner paired with selections from Dylan’s Ghost Winery and Joseph Carr Wines;
- Sweet Tooth – An indulgence in the richness of Murdick’s Fudge
- O-Ya / Grey Barn Collaboration – An intersection of flavor between one of Boston’s best restaurants and a stunning architectural setting;
- Anniversary Celebration Dinner – A celebration of the anniversaries of both the Harbor View Hotel and the Vineyard Gazette.
- Ahearn Seminar – A walking tour and discussion with renowned architect Patrick Ahearn on the history of Martha’s Vineyard architecture and how the town of Edgartown developed into what it is today;
- Cheese and Charcuterie Seminar – An the adventure of all things cheese and cured meat with artisan food purveyor Sid Wainer & Son;
- Oh Shucks! – A dozen briny bivalves fresh from three of the Vineyard’s highest quality oyster farms, paired with perfect pours;
- Grand Tasting – Relocated this year to the Great Lawn of the Harbor View Hotel, the Grant Tasting is the highlight of the weekend’s celebration of Sea, Farm & Vine and features over 300 winemakers, spirits, breweries, gourmet foods, and restaurants;
- Champy Brunch – Brunch and bubbly with Jenny Johnson – founder of Champy champagne, and tv personality from NESN’s Dining Playbook;
- and more!
Martha’s Vineyard Food and Wine Festival is an annual event with a mission – presented by the Edgartown Board of Trade with a portion of the proceeds benefitting two local organizations dedicated to helping the community thrive: Island Grown Schools and the Agricultural Society’s Farmers Program. The Festival is designed and executed by Anchor 18 – an award-winning, full service strategic marketing, branding and events agency.
For more information, roster of participating chefs, schedule of events or tickets to the Martha’s Vineyard Food and Wine Festival visit mvfoodandwine.com.